Pregnant Tori Spelling Injures Foot
posted: Oct 02, 2012.
During your pregnancy, you should seek out the care of a chiropodist like Marz Hardy of Academy Foot & Orthotic Clinics, to make sure your feet remain healthy during your pregnancy. Hardy can diagnose any problems you may be experiencing and provide you with treatment options to alleviate any injuries or discomfort
What foot problems can arise during pregnancy?
One problem that can occur is over-pronation, which occurs when the arch of the foot flattens and tends to roll inward. This can cause pain and discomfort in your heels while you’re walking or even just standing up, trying to support your baby.
Another problem is edema, or swelling in the extremities. This often affects the feet during pregnancy, but tends to occur in the later stages.
How can I keep my feet healthy during pregnancy?
· Wearing orthotics can provide extra support for the feet and help distribute weight evenly
· Minimize the amount of time spent walking barefoot
· Wear shoes with good arch support
· Wear shoes that allow for good circulation to the feet
· Elevate feet if you experience swelling
· Massage your feet
· Get regular, light exercise, such as walking, to promote blood circulation to the feet
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office in Toronto, ON. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment services for all your foot needs.
Read the full article on Pregnancy and Foot Health.